Parents have played a vital role in supporting and enhancing life at St. Andrew’s since 1899, fostering a sense of community and contributing to the school’s overall success. They are active participants in the life of the school, volunteering at school events, holding fundraisers that enhance the student experience, and collaborating through their membership in the Parents Guild. Parents and guardians create an environment that nurtures student growth by supporting the school’s mission, vision, and values, capital campaigns, and scholarships and bursaries for deserving students who otherwise would not be able to attend the school. Through their dedication and commitment, parents enhance the fabric of life at St. Andrew’s, fostering a strong partnership between home and school.
The Parents Guild has supported St. Andrew’s College students since 1934. The guild is constituted to enhance student life in all its diversity, foster community spirit, and provide scholarship and bursary assistance to current students. All parents automatically become members upon enrolment of their child. The guild is overseen by an executive committee of parents who meet monthly during the school year.
Here are ways the Parents Guild engages all parents:
- The Family Mentor program ensures new students and their families are welcomed and helped as they transition into the community.
- The Class Ambassador program arranges for grade-specific information to be communicated regularly to all parents and ensures parents feel connected to the school and other families in their child’s grade.
- The Boarding Life program builds strong relationships with boarding students and parents through online events and email correspondence and includes monthly birthday parties for young boarding students and chaperoning Halloween trick-or-treating.
- New Family Orientation Days, when new families arrive on campus and attend a breakfast and meet their family mentor, other parents, and members of the Parents Guild.
- The annual gala is the social event of the school year at St. Andrew’s and the main fundraiser for the Parents Guild. Gala guests are traditionally treated to an evening of great food, signature cocktails, beautiful décor, impressive auction items, games, and performances from the students.
- Create an amazing Homecoming experience for all members of the community through children’s games and inflatable, a bake sale, and décor throughout campus.
- A seasonal holiday sale and market.
- The “SAC Rack” that sells gently used uniforms.
- A fall social evening to allow parents to get to know one another.