We invite applications for a full-time seasonal opportunity at St. Andrew's College in the role of Dining Room Server. Cole Dining Hall has seating for up to 320 people and hosts day and boarding students and staff for three meals per day, in addition to special events and receptions. The start date for this position is September 1, 2022.
The primary responsibilities of a Dining Room Server include:
- Prepare tables and serve meals
- Clear tables and wash chairs and tables
- Polish silverware
- Clean dining room equipment, floors, and surfaces
- Set tables and serve food at special functions
- Assist with limited food preparation (cut bread/bagels and assemble sandwiches etc.)
- Comply with Health and Safety under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Comply with safe food handling and safe handling of cleaning chemicals (W.H.M.I.S)
We seek candidates with the following credentials:
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Position requires considerable walking and standing for long periods
- A current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
Flexibility to work weekends and evenings is required.
Employees at St. Andrew’s College bring passion, innovation and expertise to their practice while espousing our core values of accountability, courage, integrity, creativity, respect, empathy, and resilience.
To express interest in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
referencing the position title Dining Room Server
in the subject line of your email.
St. Andrew’s College has long been committed to ensuring our boys learn how to engage appropriately with others in the community so that they can develop healthy, meaningful, and sustained human relationships. Our policies and programs speak to the necessity for schools to be inclusive and to enact proactive approaches to interrelationships. As an employer we model and value equity, diversity, and inclusivity. By extension, we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 905-727-2580.
At St. Andrew’s College we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe school environment for all. Consistent with this commitment, the school has established a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19 . Exemption to this policy is based on medical condition. In addition, employees must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.