We invite applications for a full-time opportunity at St. Andrew's College in the role of Janitor on the Afternoon shift (3:30 p.m.-midnight). At St. Andrew’s College, we are proud to provide a clean, safe, and attractive environment for students, visitors, and staff.
The primary responsibilities of a Janitor include:
- Perform established cleaning functions within assigned areas
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms
- Move furniture, equipment, and supplies
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment
- Gather and empty waste and recycling containers
- Comply with Health and Safety under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Comply with safe handling of cleaning chemicals (W.H.M.I.S)
We seek candidates with the following credentials:
- Previous experience working in a school or institutional setting
- Reliability and flexibility
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Position requires considerable walking and heavy lifting requiring knowledge of proper lifting techniques and safety precautions
- A current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
Why work at St. Andrew’s College:
We offer full-time employment in a fun community atmosphere. We offer competitive wages with regularly scheduled increases, medical and dental benefits, and pension. Free parking, access to gym facilities and meals are just a few of the perks of working at St. Andrew’s College.
To express interest in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
referencing the position title Janitor
in the subject line of your email.
St. Andrew’s College has long been committed to ensuring our boys learn how to engage appropriately with others in the community so that they can develop healthy, meaningful, and sustained human relationships. Our policies and programs speak to the necessity for schools to be inclusive and to enact proactive approaches to interrelationships. As an employer we model and value equity, diversity, and inclusivity. By extension, we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 905-727-2580.
At St. Andrew’s College, we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe school environment for all. Consistent with this commitment, the school has established a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19 . Exemption to this policy is based on medical condition. In addition, employees must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment. .