We invite applications for a part-time opportunity at St. Andrew's College in the role of Security Guard. At St. Andrew’s College the safety and security of the school community, school campus, and facilities is paramount.
The primary responsibilities of a Security Guard include:
- Regularly patrol campus year-round and report any issues
- Liaise with local EMS and police services
- Ensure the security of buildings and maintain a log
- Question trespassers and conduct regular parking control measures
We seek candidates with the following credentials:
- Valid Ontario Security License
- Ability to deal with crisis situations as they arise
- Confidentiality and diplomacy are of paramount importance
- Requires considerable walking and climbing stairs throughout campus
- Class G driver’s license is necessary
- AED/CPR level C and First Aid certification
- A minimum completion of secondary school education
- A current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
Employees at St. Andrew’s College bring passion, innovation and expertise to their practice while espousing our core values of accountability, courage, integrity, creativity, respect, empathy, and resilience.
The part-time Security Guard will work in a small team environment. Flexibility to work weekends and evenings for a minimum of 3 shifts per month is required.
To express interest in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
, referencing the position title Security Guard
in the subject line of your email.
St. Andrew’s College has long been committed to ensuring our boys learn how to engage appropriately with others in the community so that they can develop healthy, meaningful, and sustained human relationships. Our policies and programs speak to the necessity for schools to be inclusive and to enact proactive approaches to interrelationships. As an employer we model and value equity, diversity, and inclusivity. By extension, we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 905-727-2580.
At St. Andrew’s College we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe school environment for all. Consistent with this commitment, the school has established a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees and students to be vaccinated from COVID-19 . Exemption to this policy is based on medical condition. In addition, employees must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.