The Royal Canadian Legion Cadet Medal of Excellencerecognizes individual endeavours of a citizenship nature which meet or enhance the aims and objectives of the cadet organizations.
A Cadet must have annually completed the following milestones in each of three years of cadet training:
The medals are presented by individual Legion Branches who sponsor or support the individual Corps.
- meet all requirements of the corps/squadron Local Headquarters (LHQ) annual mandatory training program;
- meet all requirements of the corps/squadron LHQ support/optional training program;
- participated in a minimum of three community service events, in addition to those supported by the cadet unit through its LHQ program;
- regarded by peers and superiors as exemplifying the model cadet; and
- enhanced the cadet unit through:
- cooperation with peers and subordinates
- promoting goodwill and morale within the corps/squadron;
- aiding in the development of group identity and cohesiveness;
- supporting and assisting fellow unit members; and
- enhancing the impact of the cadet organization in the local community.
||Gregory Van de Mark
||Cadet Deputy Commanding Officer
||Company Commander, Training Company