The Andrean Boarding Opportunity program opens the door to boarding for day students. Learn more!
Boarding Life & our Residential Life Curriculum
Built in 1926, Memorial House shares the same name as the St. Andrew’s College Chapel (1931) and commemorates the alumni who were killed in the First World War. It is one of three original Georgian-style buildings on the Quad and is situated between the Head of School's residence and Sifton House. Today it houses 60 Upper School students (Grade 9-12).
Prior to 1962, Memorial House was occupied by the grads, and so-called “the Senior House.” Over the years, rooms have been refurbished and facilities have been improved, but the stately brick exterior remains the same.
Memorial today has over 30 rooms, a ping-pong table, a large, air-conditioned Pat Hannan common room (named after a SAC Old Boy), and LCD TV. It houses students from across Canada and around the world.