All bedrooms are furnished with the following items for each student upon their arrival (more information can be found in the Parent & Student Handbook) The handbook will be updated in August:
- Twin bed
- Desk with three drawers, three shelves, desk lamp, and chair
- Closet with shelf and hangers
- Dresser (three or four drawers)
- Pillow, pillow case, mattress cover, top sheet, and light blanket. Clean bedding provided weekly. Extra pillows available upon request
The following facilities are available in each house (although configurations differ):
- Laundry room (no coins required). Laundering process will be taught in both Middle and Upper School. Professional wash-and-fold and dry cleaning is available for pick-up and delivery on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Common room
- Television room
- Games (pool table, foosball table, etc.)
- Showers and washrooms on each floor (cleaned daily by staff) supplied with paper towels and liquid hand soap
- Main foyer with television for daily updates
- Water fountains
- Security cameras, emergency lights, fire extinguishers, alarms and pulls on each floor
- Water sprinkler system
- Parking lot for staff and students
Providing leadership within the residences are heads of house, assistant heads of house, duty supervisors, and resident dons (recent B.Ed. grads or co-op university students). Student leadership within the house includes student heads of house, Prefects, floor captains, and Macdonald house captains.
For boarding policies and procedures flip to page 103 of the Parent & Student Handbook. The handbook will be updated in August.
Each house has two housekeepers who work through the week. They are helpful and will assist new families with orientation.
Tip: Label all personal belongings with your son's name (use a label maker, iron-on personalized labels, masking tape, permanent marker, etc.). We recommend labelling everything from his cellphone and alarm clock to his towels, shoes, winter jacket, and socks. Things get misplaced sometimes and the more roommates there are, the messier it can get!