Built in 1926, Memorial House shares the same name as the St. Andrew’s College Chapel (1931) and commemorates the alumni who were killed in the First World War. It is one of the original three Georgian-style buildings on the Quad and is situated between the Headmaster’s Residence and Sifton House. Today it houses 60 Upper School students (grade 9-12), an Assistant Housemaster, and Resident Don.
Prior to 1962, Memorial House was occupied by the grads, and so-called “the Senior House.” Over the years, rooms have been refurnished and facilities have been improved, but the stately brick exterior remains the same. Bob and Ann Perrier took over the Housemaster and Assistant Housemaster positions in 1990, and led the house for 22 years before retiring in 2012.
Memorial today has over 30 rooms, a pool table and a ping-pong table, a large Pat Hannan common room (named after an SAC Old Boy), and LCD TV, and houses students from across Canada and around the world.
Office: 905-727-3178 ext. 263