Macdonald House is named in honour of the Reverend Dr. D. Bruce Macdonald, Headmaster of St. Andrew’s College from 1900-1935, and chairman of the board of governors from 1937-1941.
At one time, Macdonald House was a separate Middle School entity with its own dining room and classrooms for students from Grades 4 to 9. In the early 1960s, it became simply a residence for boarders from Grades 7 to 9, while today it is a residence for boys from Grades 6 to 9, along with house captains (Grade 11) and student heads of house (Grade 12).
Mr. David Galajda is the ninth Head of Macdonald House. Assistant Heads' of House include Mr. Paul Totera, Mr. Kyle Fraser-Shoemaker, and Mr. Ryan Turley. Macdonald House also has two resident dons. Macdonald House can accommodate up to 80 students. For more historical information about Macdonald House, click here
Follow Mac House on Twitter @SACMacdonald for daily news and photos.