To our Summer Camp 2020 families
I hope this email finds you well and you are keeping safe. Today, the senior leadership team had a Zoom meeting to discuss SAC Camp plans for 2020, and last Friday, I spoke with the Head of School and CFO at St. Andrew's College. As you can all appreciate, the uncertainly of this global pandemic means our plans are in constant flux and likely to alter.
What we can share with you now is this:
WILL CAMP BE HAPPENING?
- At this time, St. Andrew's College intends for the 2020 Summer Camp to run.
- St. Andrew's College will follow the provincial government's lead as it relates to the reopening of daycare centres and municipal town decisions regarding camps.
- We hope to have a more definitive understanding of the situation by early to mid-May.
- SAC Camp will be limited to domestic campers only. No international campers (even from the U.S.A.)
WHAT ABOUT OUR HEALTH AND SAFETY?
- The health and safety of our camper community has always been our number one priority. COVID-19 has us questioning what more we can do. We are looking at new procedures and policies to ensure campers and staff are safe and cared for while at camp. Various options are being considered and will be shared soon.
- To be open and transparent in our communications, we will commit to sending you SAC Camp updates on a bi-weekly basis.
Lastly, as an analogy, when a plane departs for a destination, the flight is never straight and direct. It shifts thousands of times throughout the flight to adjust to numerous pressures. When it arrives, we barely notice all the changes and challenges; we just know we are where we want to be.
Until then, I hope you can find some quiet time during your day to restore your spirit. We encourage you to visit the camp YouTube channel to remember the good times, uplift your spirits, and remember where we want to be. Additionally, keep in watch of our Instagram feed (@sacsummercamp) for activities from our staff!
On behalf of Karen, Sarah, Jamie, Trevor, Glenn, Kali, and Emily, take care and stay well.
SAC Summer Camp