The new ARE program opens the door to boarding for day students. Learn more!
Macdonald House is named in honour of the Reverend Dr. D. Bruce Macdonald, Headmaster of St. Andrew’s College from 1900-1935, and Chairman of the Board of Governors from 1937-1941.
At one time Macdonald House was a separate Middle School entity with its own dining room and classrooms for students from grades 4 to 9. In the early 1960s it became simply a residence for boarders from grades 7 to 9, while today it is a residence for boys from grades 5 to 9, along with House Captains (grade 11) and Heads of House (grade 12).
Mr. David Galajda is the ninth Housemaster of Macdonald House. Assistant Housemasters include Mr. Paul Totera and Mr. Jeff Laforge. Macdonald House also has two Resident Dons. Macdonald House can accommodate up to 76 students. More information about Macdonald House can be found at http://kilby.sac.on.ca/houses/macdonald